Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cucumber yogurt sauce - with Dill

I think every country in the world has some version of the cucumber yogurt sauce- and all of them are yummy. I serve this one with meat loaf or as I found out recently, it's excellent with cabbage rolls.

1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups seedless cucumbers sliced thin
4 TBS chopped dill
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBS red wine or white wine vinegar


Peel and slice the cucumbers. They need to be sliced thin- using a mandolin might be best.
Mix everything together and serve right away.
If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate so you don't end up with a watery sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vangyache bharit... Hot

This is a different style of bharit. This is more common in the Nagpur region, where my father's family came from. It's my personal ...